Wilderness Aurora Viewing - 2 or 3 Nights
Magical and mystical - Northern Lights with a touch of wilderness luxury!
Winter nights in the Yukon are famous for their crisp cold air and dancing Northern Lights. This Aurora Package is a unique opportunity for an intimate and exclusive Northern Lights experience.
The 2 or 3 nights Aurora Viewing are our most popular programs and give you a taste of the Wild, all the while being pampered at our Lodge, far away from any light pollution. Tagish Lake is oriented North-South and our viewing site is in the middle of the frozen lake from where you have unobscured views. Wrapped in blankets, in front of a crackling campfire and a hot cup of tea in your hands, you are waiting for the show to unfold. The 3-feet thick ice cracks under your feet and sometimes we in the Yukon can be this exciting?!
Prices per person in Canadian Dollars CAD, exclusive of 5% GST Occupancy 3 days/2 nights Additional night incl. meals & equipment Double CAD 1370 CAD 260 Single CAD 2100 CAD 360 Occupancy 4 days/3 nights Additional night incl. meals & equipment Double CAD 1650 CAD 260 Single CAD 2450 CAD 360
- Panoramic skiplane flights from/to Whitehorse
- Private and intimate experience
- Northern Lights viewing in the middle of the wilderness
- Optional activities available for during the day
Day-1 Whitehorse - Tagish Wilderness Lodge Arrival The skiplane company will pick you up in your hotel in Whitehorse or at the airport. You will enjoy a 30-minute scenic flight over Yukons Winter Wonderland and will land on the frozen Tagish Lake, where your hosts already are awaiting you. Time to settle in your log cabin and to enjoy a hot cup of coffee and some homemade pastry. At night, we venture on to the frozen Tagish Lake and marvel at the Northern Lights. For your comfort, we have a campfire going in front of a traditional spruce shelter, hot beverages and thick blankets keep you warm until the spectacle unfolds. Day-2 Exploring the Wilderness
After a good night's sleep in your private log cabin, you enjoy a day of exploring the wilderness around you – by snowshoes or on foot, take a walk or try your luck with ice fishing. In the evening, our wood-heated sauna is a welcome treat. After dinner, you are ready for another Aurora adventure.
Optional activities (not included):
- half or full day dogsledding
- half or full day snowmobiling
Day-3 Departure Tagish Wilderness Lodge - Whitehorse The skiplane picks you up again for your return journey to Whitehorse. Departure flights should be planned no earlier than 11am.
Prices per person in Canadian Dollars CAD, exclusive of 5% GST Full Day Dogsledding (including trapper lunch) CAD 295 Half Day Dogsledding CAD 255 Full Day Snowmobiling (incl. lunch) - You drive your own machine! CAD 250
- Return Skiplane transfer Whitehorse - Tagish Wilderness Lodge - Whitehorse
- Overnight stay in your own private log cabin with comfortable down bedding
- Firewood as needed
- All meals while at the Lodge, plus afternoon snack
- Use of showers & luxury herbal sauna
- Guided Aurora Viewing
- Guided nature interpretive walk
- Guided half day ice fishing incl. equipment (weather permitting) or guided snowshoe hike
- Snowshoe rental
- Rental of heavy duty winter equipment (parka, polar boots, mitts, tuque, face mask)
- Alcoholic beverages (the Lodge is fully licensed)
- Optional Activities
- Angling Licence (a fishing license is mandatory and can be purchased at the lodge)
- Personal insurance
- 5% Goods & Services Tax (GST)
Terms & ConditionsPlease refer to our Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Also, please be aware that all of our guests are required to sign a liability waiver prior to arrival at the Lodge. You will receive the waiver form once your booking is confirmed.