Yukon Winter Sampler
Program / Description
Available daily from February 1st - March 31st, 2014
Day 1 - Arrival and transfer to Tagish Wilderness Lodge
In the morning, our shuttle service will pick you up in Whitehorse at your hotel or the airport and drive you to Tagish. Once arrived, you will gear up for your first winter ride and change your mean of transport to a dogsled. You will be sitting in the sled, enjoying the landscape and being comfortably wrapped in blankets. The ride across the frozen lake takes approx. 60 to 90 minutes. The remainder of the day is to relax and get settled for the following days at your wilderness getaway.
Day 2 - Dogsledding adventure
In the morning, you will receive a detailed instruction by a professional musher about dogmushing and learn to take care of your dogteam, so that your new four legged friends will be eager to work for you! After lunch, you will go on a tour with the dogsled, enjoying the ride through the forest and over the beautiful Tagish Lake. In the evening, you may want to relax in our wood-heated sauna.
Day 3 - Snowmobiling
The Skidoos are many Yukoner’s mean of Transport number 1 during winter time. Today’s trip brings you further into the wild backcountry, enjoying a speedy ride over the pristine frozen lake. On the way, you will enjoy an outdoor meal around a campfire, like the first trappers and prospectors did more than 100 years ago.
Day 4 - Snowshoeing or other activity on the lake and around Lodge
Today, you may want to relax and enjoy the surroundings of the deeply frozen Tagish Lake, or take part in another soft activity, such as the popular ice fishing, an easy winter hike on your self-made snowshoes or an active tour on cross-country skis. At night, if luck is on your side, you may be able to marvel at the mystic Northern Lights, Aurora Borealis. Sitting around a sparkling campfire and protected by a trapper tent, you wait for these fascinating nature phenomenon – at ideal conditions, the Northern Lights span over the whole lake towards the north.
Day 5 - Departure for Whitehorse
Transfer by skiplane back to Whitehorse. A scenic 30-minute flight takes you from the lodge directly back to Whitehorse – only the ride on a skiplane makes your Yukon vacation complete!
- Shuttle transfer Whitehorse-Tagish
- Transfer Tagish-Lodge by dogsled
- 4 overnights in private log cabin, including firewood, towels & bedding
- All meals, excluding alcoholic beverages
- Use of sauna
- Activity package: 1 day dogsledding including professional instruction, 1 day snowmobiling including picnic lunch, 1 guided activity of your choice (snowshoe hike, ice fishing), Northern Lights watching
- Skiplane transfer Lodge-Whitehorse at the end of the program
- Rental of heavy duty winter equipment (overall, boots, mitts, tuque, face mask)
- Alcoholic beverages (the Lodge is licensed)
- Pesonal insurance
- 5% Goods & Services Tax (GST)
|Prices per person in Canadian Dollars CAD, exclusive of 5% GST|
|Occupancy||4 nights||additional night|
|Double||CAD 2685.00||CAD 225.00|
|Single Supplement (own cabin, min. 2 persons in total)||CAD 250.00||CAD345.00|
Want to add an excursion?
Additional dogmushing day, per person from CAD 295.00 min. 2 persons
Additional snowmobiling day, per person from CAD 250.00
Good to know:
- The program is designed for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 participants.
- If you have a moderate fitness level and a good feeling of balance, you will enjoy this tour. No dogmushing or wilderness experience is needed for this program. Standing on a dogsled is comparable with cross country skiing. We do however request that you fill in our health form prior to signing up for a tour, so we can make sure it suits your physical condition.
- Program may change without prior notice. All activities are subject to weather conditions. No refund available for activities cancelled due to act of god.
- We recommend to purchase a travel/health insurance for your trip
- Please refer to our Terms and Conditions prior to booking. Also, please be aware that all of our guests are required to sign a liability waiver prior to arrival at the Lodge. You will receive the waiver form together with your booking confirmation. Thank you!